Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MOCCA!

Even though I missed Lynda Barry AND Art Spiegelman, MOCCA was not a total loss. I picked up a lot of great comics, including (but not limited to):

--Everybody Has One, Talk Nerdy to Me, & Coping with Death by Maris: favorite favorite favorite! fills me with a joy akin to Allison Cole comics
--Insult to Injury by Ben Rosen: diary strips that added fuel to the I-wish-I-was-an-undergrad fire that rages deep within me
--Delayed Replays by Liz Prince: excellent follow up to Will You Still Love Me...
--Welcome to the Dahl House by Ken Dahl: according to his Microcosm tablemates, this man is devestatingly handsome, has a negative self-image, and may be wearing a blue checkered shirt; plus his art is genius
--Local #11 by Brian Wood & Ryan Kelly: maybe it's the travel, maybe it's the soundtracks at the end, but this is still the only serial comic book I can stomach
--Freddie & Me: A Coming of Age (Bohemian) Rhapsody by Mike Dawson: I left without it, and it haunts me in the night

Now that the end of the school year is nigh, and no one's going to call me Miss R for at least 2 months, I'm ready to reclaim my life and watch my comic book collection swell beyond my sagging Ikea bookshelf.

No comments: